Monday, October 17, 2005

Michael: Olbermann Lowers the Boom on Fearmongers

Quickly becoming one of my favorite journalists, Keith Olbermann questions the nexus (video/quicktime Object) between politically inconvenient news and government announcements of terrorist threats. Olbermann's blog posting lists 13 questionable 'coincidences' that could plausibly be characterized as use of terrorist fear mongering for political manipulation.

Critical journalism like this is starting to become more and more common, though certainly still far from commonplace. I'm not sure if this apparent trend flows from the Bush Regime's current unpopularity and looming legal meltdown, or if it is a reaction to the relentless pressure from internet sources keeping critical stories alive. Either way, I recently find myself actually enjoying some real news coverage almost as much as I enjoy viewing the Daily Show and the Colbert Report.




Feeds:
RSS/Atom Feed Site Meter
Powered by Blogger