Saturday, September 18, 2004

Talk is Cheap

Coming home from Phoenix this evening, I was driving down I-10 past Casa Grande and I saw a Clear Channel billboard which read:

TALK IS CHEAP
PRESIDENT BUSH IS REAL!


Now what exactly that really means, I'm not sure. Obviously no genuis wrote this copy. The oddest thing is that the attribution said only "Paid for by Arizona Citizens". Now this obviously is not an independent expenditure as it does not advocate Bush's election exactly; at least it doesn't use the magic words 'elect' or 'vote' or 'retain' or anything similar. This would be 'so-called' issue advocacy. Thus the bullshit attribution. What occurs to me is that Clear Channel put the board up on their own dime and are covering what might be an illegal expenditure with the skimpy garments of 'Arizona Citizens'.

I think it might be time for a call to the FEC and Terry Goddard's office.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Ah, more suppression of freedom of speech.

How... Democratic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Feeds:
RSS/Atom Feed Site Meter
Powered by Blogger