Monday, August 16, 2004

Whither The Blogosphere?

With the advent of the 2004 Olympic Games, the world has a standing date with their televisions, VCRs and Tivos. It seems every site unrelated to the wonders of amateur sporting competition has seen it's readership drop precipitously. Around the Blogosphere you can hear the site masters groan at their traffic loads, wondering if their readers are ever coming back.

This highly unscientific assertion is based on the open site meters of few dozen blogs on various non-sport subjects and my own experience, of course. You can almost hear the crickets chirping out there.

I wrote a research paper recently in which I claimed, among other things, that internet use and television viewing are only fungible activities among the heaviest of internet users. It seems that my theory is supported by the great Olympic-Blog trade-off which began to be felt on Friday.

I suppose I will just continue blogging through the lull about what I seem to be spending all my time doing instead of reading the blogs, recently - watching the Olympics :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Feeds:
RSS/Atom Feed Site Meter
Powered by Blogger