Sunday, January 04, 2004

DeanRR_AZ Editorial Letter - Hero Miles

This letter was recently generated by a Dean Rapid Response member. You too can receive media alerts and respond with letters to your local, or national, newpapers. To join go to Yahoo group DeanRR_AZ. A link to sign up is also on the sidebar. --Michael Bryan, ed.

To the editor:

I just returned home to Flagstaff after a wonderful holiday out of town visiting family. On my flights I smiled as I saw many of our military personnel on their way to spend the holidays with their families. I was NOT smiling, however, when I spoke to them and learned that while they were flown back to the states from Iraq, they were on their own once here to find a way, at their own expense, to their families. Yet ANOTHER way the Bush Administration treats our military personnel who are risking their lives on his orders poorly.

I DO commend 2 organizations for THEIR treatment of our military personnel. US Airways gave all their available first class seats to those military personnel flying. A small but great gesture. Also, MoveOn.org members, through their website, donated over 17 million of their frequent-flyer miles to our soldiers. I never build up enough to use myself and usually ignore them, so I am giving mine to them as well. Maybe some of you reading this can join me. WE need to show the military personnel our appreciation. They certainly won't get any from the Bush Administration.

Nan Munoz
Flagstaff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Feeds:
RSS/Atom Feed Site Meter
Powered by Blogger